KITES Foundation exists with the sole objective of being the facilitator of change that you have always wanted to make. We are here with a platform for you to become heroes without capes. In remembrance of the Stockholm Conference, which was the first major step towards climate action, KITES Foundation is initiating a massive environmental campaign, 'Only One Earth' to inspire positive environmental behaviour and to fuel positive environmental action.
- “The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, and the next best time is now.” -Chinese Proverb
- We are inviting you to join us in greening our planet and join hands in protecting our home. All you have to do is plant a sapling and challenge at least five of your friends to do the same
If you are still doubtful read on to find reasons to plant trees,
• Your birthday- Plant a tree to mark your special day with gratitude for life and hope of a healthy future.
• Friend’s/ Relative’s Birthday- Plant a tree to show your care and hope for their health and future.
• Anniversary- A tree never dies of old age if you care for it just like true love! What better way to show the strength of your bond than to plant a tree together.
• Gift- Gift a tree sapling on special occasions to show care and quality of your thoughts.
• Boredom- If you are bored put on the gardener’s gloves and step onto the soil. Plant saplings and watch them grow, observe the squirrels and birds nesting and your backyard develop into a heavenly ecosystem.
• The best reason is that planting a tree is our duty and the right thing to do always.
As an individual
As an organisation
Site it right.
Place your garden in a part of your yard where you'll see it regularly.You'll be much more likely to spend time in it.
Follow the sun.
Pay attention to how sunlight plays through your yard before choosing a spot for your garden.
Stay close to water.
Push a finger an inch down into the soil (that's about one knuckle deep). If it's dry, it's time to water.
Start with great soil.
Invest in soil that is nutrient-rich and well-drained.
Add some mulch.
Apply a layer of mulch that's 2 to 3 inches deep around each plant. This will help reduce weeds
Feed plants regularly.
soil works best in concert with regular boosts of high-quality nutrition for your plants. In other words, amazing soil + top-notch plant food = super garden success!